2 gressingham duck legs
1 lime, zest and juice
2 (green end only)spring onions, finely chopped rings
3 tablespoons hoi sin sauce
small bunch coriander, washed, leaves removed and roughly chopped
12 mint leaves, middle stem removed, finely chopped
salt and pepper
10 little gem lettuce leaves
1. Pre heat oven to 190oC, 170oC, gas mark 5
2. Prick the skin of the duck legs with a skewer or fork and season both the skin and meat.
3. Place in a baking tray and cook for approx 1 hour 15mins.
4. Remove from the oven, pour off the excess fat and allow to cool.
5. While it is cooling mix together all of the remaining ingredients
6. When the legs are cool enough to handle, remove the skin and either discard or eat as a treat! Take the duck meat off the bone, roughly dice and place in a mixing bowl. Be careful to look out for any small bones as you do this.
7. Add in the lime, spring onions hoi sin and herbs. Mix well, check for seasoning, adjust as necessary and then spoon a small amount into each lettuce leaf and serve